Wine taught me science. Don’t try to quickly chill a bottle of pinot grigio in the freezer and then let life distract you from a glass for over 24 hours. Liquid expands when frozen and corks (real or synthetic) don’t like it.
What you should take away from this:
- Nothing about a refrigerator is fun to clean. Don’t chance it.
- Use frozen fruit in your wine instead of trying to chill it.
- Don’t use ice cubes. Drinking it that way just won’t make you feel good about yourself. As you can tell from the picture, I sometimes drink alone (in a totally acceptable way). But not with ice cubes. :)
- It’s delicious with the fruit.
- Your grocery store sells lots of frozen fruit. Buy a bag to have on hand.
- It looks fancy. Impress friends by doing it and they won’t even know you were too short on time to completely chill the wine!
Just imagine if I hadn’t gone all out to buy the $6 bottle and instead went with a cheap twist top. I won’t be teaching that lesson.
Any experiments, accidental or purposeful, of your own lately?