Monday, August 20, 2012

Marshmallow Shooters/ Critter Catapults- They’re Fun with Either Name


This has to be one of the easiest and best activities to do with a kid.  I think it took me all of 2 minutes to make both… including walking around the house to gather the scissors and balloons.  No joke.  I’m so glad I found this activity on Laura's blog so I could try it with my boys. 
Here's what you do:
  1. Cut the bottom out of the yogurt container with some sharp scissors. 
  2.  Tie off the end of the balloon. 
  3.  Cut about a ½ in. off the top of the balloon. 
  4.  Stretch the balloon over the top of the yogurt container. 
  5.  Have fun!
Step 5 wasn't a problem.  At first we shot marshmallows at the play set (5 points for hitting the green part, 3 points for the wood), but our dog kept eating them.  We weren’t sure about how many he could safely eat…   

So we turned the marshmallow shooter into more of a "critter catapult" using little plastic Halloween ring toppers I had left over from last year.  We knew how many of those our dog could safely eat.  I'm kidding... Although, it was a great way to refresh his memory on the “leave it” command.  

Making a target to aim at turned out to be fun, even though I lost.    The boys are still practicing with these days later so I doubt I’ll be showing them up at our next face off either. ;)

I'm linked up with Tip Junkie,  Savvy Southern Style, Be Colorful, Between Naps on the Porch, Home Stories A2Z, and Today's Creative Blog!

3 comments:

  1. Haha. So fun. The kids would like this but I'm thinking I want one. :D Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
    pr

    ReplyDelete